Your Man



 What shall I tell you?
 What words will I say to you?
 Now that love has blocked deaf your ears,
 Now that love in your heart you brew,
 Now that his love reddens your eyes.

 I was the only man in your life,
 Your daddy, your pal; your only man.
 But now another, you have found for yourself,
 With same words I showered you with, your heart he's stolen,
 With ease, your love and trust he's won.

 What if he means no good?
 What if his plans for you be bad?
 Naive, will you still nourish him with your love?
 Will you leave him enthroned in your heart even when he really be a villain mad?
 Nay, if ever his glittering mask falls of, please remember that me you still have.

 Stay sober and love him while awake,
 Your guards never pull down like I taught you,
 Settle not for his words though sweet, lest they be fake!
 And if ever he hurts you,

 Running come back to me and your torn heart i will gladly glue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gem Of Black Soil

Shadows (POEM)

Who Will Marry Musuma?