Waves (POEM)

You say you love me,
I see you prove it, every day that you do,
You say am your only,
I see how you work and act hard to show that am your all,
Plainly written in your actions and choicest words is your selfless love for me,
It is penned in the brightest of ink for all to see,
And I have seen it too.
                                        
Sometimes I wonder if you are real or this feeling you say you have for me is true,
To the point where I blush or close my eyes frequently so to see if things will remain the same,
But am often convinced that you and your love are as real as the fact that that skies aren't blue,
And that if am to understand I must love you too
For a burden is better felt by the laden
A fall's impact by the fallen
So am I to love you as well.

I know that feelings are like waves, one second they are here, the next they are gone
I also know that love however stubborn a fire, sometimes, it too falls prey to smallest, silliest of matters which eventually quench it,
But I also know and have confidence in your love, judging from the past and the now, that you will never live me alone
And that however mammoth a challenge that confronts us, we will outbrave it
Because your love is strong, stubborn yet very pure
It strengthens, accompanies and makes living sure
Assuring me that though feelings are like waves, ours beat eternally.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gem Of Black Soil

You Should Have Listened

Shadows (POEM)